[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Envisaged opencast brown coal mine ruins villages in Central Poland

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 16 07:09:28 PDT 2007

You can use GOOGLE Earth to zoom in on existing destruction.  Just type  [Sompolno, Poland]  in the search box and it will take you right there.  Stop the "eye elevation" at about 35 km and you will see the existing mining SW of  Sompolno.  Similar mines encircle Slesin a short distance to the west.

Open pit mines are common and can also be found north of Zhitomir in Volhynia where they have also obliterated a number of villages.

Of course this same thing happens in North America as well.

You can type [Szarlatow, Poland] in the search box to find it.  It still shows up without destruction but those images might be a few years old.

Jerry Frank