[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Origin of Helwig from Plock, Poland - Russia area

Jutta Dennerlein Jutta.Dennerlein at t-online.de
Sat Aug 18 06:21:28 PDT 2007

Daryl,

it is certainly a good idea to look for a basis of fact in family lore

I think the names "Volska Budea" or "Volakesbuden" stand for
"Wolschebuden". A name that had been used for the place Makowiska, NW
of Lipno. Makowiska belonged to the parish of Osowka (Ossowka).
See http://www.upstreamvistula.org/Parishes/Ossowka.htm for more info.

It is actually the Osowka (Lipno) church book where you find the
baptismal record for a Fryderyk Edward Hellwig in 1864.
This church book also shows records for a Klinner family.
The LDS has filmed this church book till 1865. For information of
later years you should contact the Polish State Archive at Wloclawek
(wloclawek at torun.ap.gov.pl). They have the records for 1857-1903.

Kind regards
Jutta Dennerlein
www.upstreamvistula.org