[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] (no subject)

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 25 16:50:38 PDT 2007

At 09:32 AM 24/08/2007, Christine Dowd wrote:
>If one were Lutheran and living in the Lachowo Lomza area in the time
>frame 1850-1900, where might b/m/d have been recorded?
>
>Thank you.
>Christine Dowd
>Rochester, NY

My best guess would be at Kolno.

The LDS have microfilmed Roman Catholic records for 1794-1870.  These
might have been filmed in German archives as the Polish Archives only
list contents from 1874 to 1918.  Even though they were Lutheran, the
nearest Lutheran Church was at Lomza, quite a distance away.  Being
obligated to register somewhere, they probably did so at the nearest
Catholic Church.

Use our "Archives" link to get the Pradziad Polish Archive search page.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca