[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Popcorn garlands

Lloyd Friedrick lloydfriedrick at telus.net
Wed Dec 5 15:16:07 PST 2007

Eleanor..................popcorn garlands on our G-R tree ?

Easy, Mother and my sister made lots of these. They used a darning needle and white thread.
They even made different colours by dipping some into coloured water. They made the coloured water by placing decorative crepe paper into hot water. Just like they coloured our Easter eggs.

Eleanor Haas note

I would guess that the garlands made from small strips of paper and pasted
together with homemade paste were one of the decorations.  We also had
strung popcorn. . . how they did it I sure don't know as I have tried and it
breaks apart, but I remember it on our trees.

lloyd friedrick            from the Saskatchewan prairies.