[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location Debina

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 10 13:49:07 PST 2007

De~b = Eich = Oak

Any De~b . . .  or Da~b. . . location in Poland could have a German equivalent in some form of Eich . . .  This includes our somewhat well known Da~bie parish.

The question would be whether Debiny = Debiny Hauland.  In some cases a Hauland is a secondary village to a primary one with a root name.  In other cases the village changes from the root name to a Hauland because of a change in village government.

If I cannot find a map that shows both places, I make the assumption that it is a name change.

Jerry