[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location Zerscze, Latze or Leschtsch

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 18 21:52:45 PST 2007

My best guess with a little imagination is that Latze and Leschtsch
are phonetic equivalents and that they refer to Laczki, a known
German settlement about 25 km SW of Lublin.

The closest match I could find for Zerscze is Zrecze but it is not in
the Lublin / Chelm region.  It is located some 20 km or so SSE of
Kielce.  It is not currently recognized as a German settlement.

I browsed the region around Laczki hoping to find a possible match
for Zerscze but came up blank.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca