[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Friedensfeld

DrVbuzz at aol.com DrVbuzz at aol.com
Sun Dec 23 21:42:26 PST 2007

Thanks to all, my mind must have been on Santa Claus  - usually Google Earth
is one of the first I try.
Victor Gess

In a message dated 12/23/2007 9:24:37 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca writes:

Friedensfeld was 3 miles south of Steinbach.  You can find it  using
GOOGLE Earth.

There is really nothing left of the community  anymore.  GOOGLE Earth
shows the location as 4 baseball diamonds on  the site and that is
consistent with it being currently listed as a park  within Hannover
Municipality.  Records for the Lutheran Church that  used to be there
would be held at St. Paul's in Steinbach.

There is  a fairly extensive history of the church in the book, "And
They Built an  Altar . . ."

Jerry Frank - Calgary,  Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca