[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Jutta's war tour

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 3 22:55:48 PST 2007

Those who attended the SGGEE conference in Edmonton in August will remember
Jutta Missal, who gave talks on using foreign-language documents. Jutta is a
German of Volhynian descent who is also fluent in French.

This year, Jutta has organized a tour of Second World War battle areas, from
D-Day to the Battle of the Bulge. It will be in late May. I will be one of
the guides in Normandy, so I put a copy of her brochure on my website,
www.daveobee.com .

I hesitated about mentioning this on this list, because it is not exactly
Volhynian in nature. On the other hand, several of my relatives on my
Volhynian side came to America well before the war, and were on the beach at
D-Day. It's part of the history of many of our families, and something we
shouldn't ignore.

Dave Obee