[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] birthplace Karl Haak

Chris Menke prussialives at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 15:09:25 PST 2007

Robin,

  Are you by chance related to the Grube family in Pembina County, North Dakota? My Dad's second-cousin married a Grube.
  Chris Menke

Rose Ingram <roseingram at shaw.ca> wrote:
  Robin,

You are in the right place.
In the databases of the member's only section, there are Haak's a tad north
of Warsaw, some west and SW of Warsaw. The surname Just is also prevalant.
As Joe suggested, could you tell us on what manifest and website you found
this family emigrating in 1892. We may be able to help you.

Rose Ingram

From: "Robin Grube"
February 06, 2007

> Hi all- I'm brand new to this list and hope I'm in the right place. I am
> looking for info on Karl Haak. Born Nov. 26,1863, but only info on where
> is
> in or near Warsaw. He was ethnically German,though, and married another
> German, Wilhemina Just. At some point he or they moved to Russia- I think
> the Ukraine. Eventually he emigrated to the US with wife, child, and
> in-laws. I do have a date on that-1892. I haven't been able to find on a
> map
> the names of the towns they listed on the manifest- perhaps mangled. Does
> anyone have any suggestions how to proceed? Thanks. Robin Haak Grube

Researching Menke / Manke, Brandt, Knorr
  in Prussia, German-Poland, Russian-Poland, Volhynia

  Researching Schappert (Schuppert), Ernst, Kullmann, Weiss
  in Galicia and Bukovina