[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] village of BUKOWIEC

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 15 19:26:50 PST 2007

At 12:36 PM 15/02/2007, Penelope Deib wrote:
>According to researcher Ewald Wuschke the present village of BUKOWIEC was
>once the village of Gramsdorf located in northern Poznan near Czarnikau and
>Oborniki.  Does anyone know more of the village's history/background?  Ewald
>stated that the village had been purchased in 1641 by a Thomas and Lucas
>Grams and called Gramsdorf.  Need this information to proceed with my Grams
>family history.  Many thanks for reading this.
>Penny Deib
>Alberta, Canada

One of our subscribers, Ceil Jensen, was having trouble posting this
message to the list.  She wrote:

Re: village of BUKOWIEC
The Slownik Geograczny Krolestwa Polskiego is online at:
http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/polszczyzna/SGKPi/

http://www.pgsa.org/Towns/slownik_eng.htm
This gazetteer was published between 1880 to 1902 under the direction of
Filip Sulimierski. It is an excellent gazetteer for locating places in the
areas of Poland, both present and past. Coverage includes all localities in
the former Polish provinces of Russia, most localities in the former
Austrian province of Galicia (now divided between Poland and the Ukraine),
Belorussian provinces of the Russian Empire (now in the Republic of
Belarus), and also contains significant localities in other Slavic and
eastern European nations; Russia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary,
Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania. While the information is a
bit less comprehensive, localities from the provinces of Poznan, West
Prussia, East Prussia, Silesia, and Pomerania are also covered.

Fred Hoffman's Translation guide and a range of translated villages are
available at:
http://www.pgsa.org/Towns/TownIndex.htm

and
http://www.polishroots.com/slownik/slownik_index.htm