[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] location of villages

Jan Textor textor_jan at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 00:33:17 PST 2007

Penny,

Re 2.
As far as I know, there is no place in Poland called Szczapanow.  However,
there are at least six villages or towns called Szczepanów.  One of these is
located at the coordinates 50.01'N 20.40'E, 17.6 kilometers ENE of Bochnia.

Re 3.
Again, as far as I know, Sabotaka and Warclaw are not valid Polish place
names.  My guess is that Warclaw is actually the city of Wroclaw (formerly
Breslau), and that Sabotaka should be Sobótka.  You will find a village
called Sobótka at the coordinates 50.54'N 16.45'E, 29.8 kilometers SW of
Wroclaw.  This village was formerly called Zobten or Zobten am Berge.

Hope this helps.
Jan Textor