[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Berlin Research

Heinz Rode heinz_rode at telus.net
Mon Feb 26 11:36:14 PST 2007

Hallo Adelheid,

That all depends of course what you are looking for.....
There is the the Evangelical Central Archive >>>http://www.ezab.de/<<<
which has all Berliner Churchbooks on microfiche; but this place is very limited and busy,
usually  booked out for two months!In the same building you can also search many
Brandenburg  (the province) church books on microfiche. Many churches are closed now due
to declining interest and they will not show you their old books anyway.

Generally, I advise people to enjoy there short stay in Berlin and vicinity and to visit
the places of their ancestors, rather than waste time in some archive that you can
otherwise access through FHC or the internet. Time flies!

I see you are also on telus maybe you want to give me a call 604.582.3335.

Heinz Rode