[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schmidt, Walters and Tesmann Families from Ruspolen

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 1 07:27:49 PST 2007

Gary,

I have a great deal of sympathy for anyone that has to research the
Schmidt surname, especially with limited data such as yours.  There
are 136 August Schmidts in our master pedigree database.  What are
the "usual research options" that you have already used?  Knowing
that, we might be able to suggest some less usual ones.  For example,
have you found U.S. naturalization records?

Some observations from your data and my browsing:
- The children are apparently born in 1883, 1886, and 1887.  If
August arrived initially in 1885, he had to be travelling back and forth.
- Since it appears that August was already about 30 years old upon
marriage to Caroline, could this be his second wife?
- The Tessmanns in the SGGEE database appear to all live further east
than Lubraniec.  Not a major clue but this is an indication that
there may NOT be a correlation between Lubraniec and the residence of
the Schmidts and Walters.
- Most of the extractions in our databases stop at about 1867 as that
is when the script changed from Roman to Cyrillic.  It is therefore
unlikely you will find August's marriage(s) in our database as the
result of extraction.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca