[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia REMPEL birthplace

Allyn Brosz zsorba99 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 3 12:29:40 PST 2007

Edith,

Jerry's suggestion is a good one. Also, since your family's travel dates fall in the 1895-1896 range, and they apparently came from Canada to the U.S., you might also explore the Canadian border crossing records in the U.S. National Archives. They are also known as the "St. Albans' Lists" although they contain information for most ports of entry along the U.S.-Canadian border. You can get more information in an excellent article that's available at the following website:

http://www.archives.gov/publications/prologue/2000/fall/us-canada-immigration-records-1.html

Good luck in your search!

Allyn Brosz
Washington, DC