[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Origins in Mecklenburg?

Carolyn Schott cgschott at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 13 13:26:29 PST 2007

I recently bought a copy of the book "Mecklenburger in Osteuropa" by Martha
Müller, published 1972.  It's a compilation of families who immigrated to
Poland from the 16th-19th centuries.  It also includes Mecklenburg
immigrants to Russia, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and the
"Southeast" (aka Bessarabia mostly).  I haven't struggled through the whole
German introduction, but I think she did most of her research from archives
in Mecklenburg.

If you think your ancestors came from Mecklenburg, I'd be happy to look up a
surname for anyone, just let me know.  (Alas, it didn't work for me with my
Siewerts...lots of them listed, but not mine.)  :-(

Carolyn