[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Roll call The name Stebner

Linda K Bowen lindakbowen at cox.net
Sat Jan 13 16:07:03 PST 2007

several references to Stebner in this roll call have prompted me to post my names.

Koss--   Meszcze, district of Piotrkow and  Gross/Klein Gluscha, Volhynia

Buch or Buchov--Meszcze, District of Piotrkow, Poland
Grunwalde--- ???Nikolaev or
???Brzeziny, Piotrkow, Poland
Machel---Gross Gluscha, Volhynia
Albrecht---Gross Gluscha, Volhynia
Schmidtke--Gross Gluscha
Schlicht---Dubno, Volhynia
jaruschewitz/ Jarucewicz---Dubno
Bloch/Block---Dermanka, Wolynsk
Stebner----Dermanka?/ Wolynsk

My great grandmother was Amelia Stebner and she married my great grandfather, August Bloch.   I think she was married before and I don't know if Stebner is her name from her first marriage or if it is her maiden name.  I wonder if there is a connection to the Stebner that Kersten from Denmark mentioned.  The area is right.
 I have her picture, but very little information to go with it.