[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re House Numbers

AlbertMuth at aol.com AlbertMuth at aol.com
Mon Jan 29 15:23:14 PST 2007

I too have seen this, albeit very, very rarely.  I will echo Bill  Fife's
comment that by mentioning that if you trace the events in occurring in a  house,
you can almost surely assume that it is a family member.

I have seen this a lot in Hungarian Catholic records of the 19th century,
where the records are organized in columns (which never occurs in Lutheran
records in Russian Poland, in my experience).  Russian Polish and Jewish  records
use the same format as the Lutheran ones.

I suspect that the Catholic records of Austrian Poland (of which Galicia
would have been a part) used house numbers, as do the German records Bill was
referring to.

Al Muth

In a message dated 1/29/2007 5:58:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,