[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] House numbers

Annegret Krause krause.annegret at t-online.de
Tue Jan 30 09:30:02 PST 2007

In Germany, in the region where I live, it was usual to have house
numbers which were corresponding to the sequenz of farm foundation. The
oldest farm or property had the number 1, the second the number 2 and so
on.
In my village we got names for the streets during the sixties or
seventies and the old system of house numbers disappeared.

Annegret