[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] help searching ship manifests

Barbara Cooper bdaelick at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 09:49:50 PST 2007

Hello all!

As I sit here scrolling through ships manifests on the Canada archives site I wonder if someone might be able to offer me some advice for narrowing down my search?  I have deduced that the family I am looking for arrived in 1901 but that still leaves lots and lots of ships to look through if don't know which port they arrived at.  I also wonder just how badly the manifests can be wrong?  I have come across family groups that include some of the right names and close ages but then something in there will be way off.  Like a married woman listed with what would be her maiden name under the correct parents names but without her husband or her children (I hope that makes sense).  Any guidance would be appreciated or going through all these lists will take forever.

Barbara Cooper