[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] help searching ship manifests

Delores Stevens deloresstevens at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 30 12:18:41 PST 2007

This is indeed a good site to look at, but be very careful when thinking
that the list may contain the entire list of passengers who were from Russia
on board the ship.

I used this site and while there was an individual on the list, when I went
to the actual passenger list at
http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/passenger/index-e.html

This was thoughtfully provided by Dave Obee a while back.

I typed in the name of the ship, and then I was able to view the screen with
all the pages of the passengers.  Imagine my surprise when there were a lot
more individuals listed from Russia than were on the Odessa site.  I was
able to find not only my great grandfather, but his brother, sister, brother
in law and his future wife.

So please be advised that the list on the Odessa site is not all inclusive.