[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] help searching ship manifests

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 30 13:49:17 PST 2007

    For further clarification, George Dorscher did not do any extractions prior to 1900.

John Marsch

  Just to clarify, Dave.  George Dorscher extracted all three Canadian ports, not just Halifax.  All are available on the Odessa site.

  Dave is right about often having the wrong year.  The reason I started with 1894 is that is when the Franks supposedly arrived.  I worked all the way up to 1900 without finding them.  When I started working backwards, I found them in 1893.

  I do not remember how long it took me to go through all those records but I suppose it must have been in total a couple of years.

  Jerry