[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EWZ files

Otto otto at schienke.com
Mon Jul 2 05:12:34 PDT 2007

Good morning Al,
Individuals having to prove out their Germanic (aryan) lineage during
the Nazi era, that is establish a four generation pedigree chart
[Ahnentafel], was not about nationality but about ethnicity.  It was
not about where you were born but who you were born. The 'genes' in
genealogy.

The four generation 'Ahnentafel' bit began in Germany around 1937
under the nazi regime.
Many of the charts were discarded after the nazi era... A few still
exist.
The passion for genealogy though, continues to grows.
You may be able to glean from the wealth of resources offered by the
LDS Family History Library.
Klikken the URL:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/RG/guide/Germany16.asp

More on Ahnentafel:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahnentafel

On Jul 2, 2007, at 12:41 AM, Al Meyer wrote:
> Greetings.  I was wondering if there are similar files available
> for German-born citizens as the EWZ files were for immigrants (if I
> understand that correctly)?  I remember my grandpa mentioning
> something about people needing to prove their genealogy, but I'm
> not sure if he ever had to prove his, being born in Essen, Germany.
> Al

. . .   Otto

             " The Zen moment..." wk. of April 1, 2007-
              "Like fishing. . . always beyond the surface."