[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Radezkina in Russia?

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 25 18:48:07 PDT 2007

I have received a message from someone in Germany who is trying to
establish the correct location based on a note on an early 1800s
marriage record that reads:

"russischer Einwanderer, (angeblich aus) Radezkena, Mandker Kreis in Russland"

I have looked at a variety of spelling variants and came up
blank.  The reference to Russia in that time frame could of course
include a lot of territory such as the Baltic States, much of Poland,
and anything further east.

Wondering if any of our deep thinkers out there might be able to make
sense out of what must be a phonetic spelling.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca