[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Radezkina in Russia?

Joe Pessarra joepessarra at suddenlink.net
Thu Jul 26 08:33:58 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Frank" <FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca>
To: "gerPolandVolhynia" <ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:48 PM
Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Radezkina in Russia?

> I have received a message from someone in Germany who is trying to
> establish the correct location based on a note on an early 1800s
> marriage record that reads:
>
> "russischer Einwanderer, (angeblich aus) Radezkena, Mandker Kreis in
Russland"

> I have looked at a variety of spelling variants and came up
> blank.  The reference to Russia in that time frame could of course
> include a lot of territory such as the Baltic States, much of Poland,
> and anything further east.
>
> Wondering if any of our deep thinkers out there might be able to make
> sense out of what must be a phonetic spelling.

ShetlSeeker at http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/LocTown.asp has two
possibilities:

Radushkino, Frol 55°13' 39°56' E M U G Russia  99.0 miles ESE of Moskva
55°45' 37°35'
Rodishkino 58°34' 33°50' E M U G Russia  239.8 miles NW of Moskva 55°45'
37°35'

Could not locate possibilities for Mandker Kreis.  Probably a phonetic
spelling also.

Joe in Texas