[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Church records for Wirballen/Virbalis

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Sat Jun 2 18:55:43 PDT 2007

Manfred,

When you get early enough in any area in Poland about 1840), the
Lutheran parish that you are looking may disappear because it was not
yet created.   You then need to look to see if there is a mother parish
that would cover the same area.   In this case, Suwalki appears to be
close enough to Wirballen to _possibly_ fit that calling.   The question
will be, even if it is the mother parish (I cannot say that it was),
would the Lutherans in that area register their life events there or in
a closer Catholic parish?    Records are available for Suwalki from
1793- you can most easily get to the Family History link for those
records through our site at

http://www.sggee.org/church_parishes/LutheransInRusPoland

by clicking on the Suwalki link on that page.

I am sorry that I do not have any information on any Catholic parishes
in that area (if there were any).   This area is possibly far enough
north that there were no Catholic parishes.

Gary Warner