[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Church records for Wirballen/Virbalis

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 2 22:02:38 PDT 2007

Manfred,

This is a good question.

My search of the LDS Catalog shows Evangelical records in Wylkowyszki
starting with year 1843.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/printing/titledetailsprint.asp?titleno=303293
There seem to be some indexes to records in Sejny parish, starting with
1800.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/printing/titledetailsprint.asp?titleno=766549

For town of Virbalis, I see some records starting 1825
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/printing/titledetailsprint.asp?titleno=760307

Kalvarija only has records starting with 1844.

I do not see any Catholic records listed for this area in the Library
Catalog.  I understand some Catholic churches did not allow the LDS people
to film their records, so this may be the case in this area.

The PolandBorderSurnames list have many knowledge people who have researched
in this area.  Someone should be able to provide you wiht more information
http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/POL/PolandBorderSurnames.html

The Lithuania list may have people who could also help.
http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/LTU/LITHUANIA.html

Rose Ingram

From: "Manfred Kettel" Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2007 10:42 AM