[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German Occupation - Latvian - Contractor

Klaus - Guenter Leiss LeissKG at web.de
Tue Jun 5 08:57:55 PDT 2007

Hello Reiner,

> Connected to the above topic I was asked what Deputat, Scharwerk and
> Vormann means. As I don´t know this, I just checked my dictionaries,
> Wiki and GenWiki or tried to find a good explanation. Unfortunately I
> didn´t find one good enough to answer.

There are explanations in the german wikipedia. The Definition of Deputat
is definitely correct. Scharwerk is compatibel with the definition in the
"Oekonomische Encyklopädie von J. G. Krünitz"
http://www.kruenitz1.uni-trier.de/kruenitz/home_data/KHlist.html#KH00987

look for Hand=Scharwerk

For Vormann I don't know how the definition fits here.

<snip>

Klaus Leiss