[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] SPA(S)JINSKI - unusual surname

Al Meyer armeyer at telusplanet.net
Wed Jun 6 15:33:44 PDT 2007

Hello.  As my first post, I was wondering if anyone has ever seen this surname.  Apparently it is the maiden name of my great-grandmother, Justina Spasjinski, wife of Ludwig Rode of Jansen, SK.  Both apparently were born in Rovno in the 1840's.  However, I have never seen the name in any list, anywhere, not even in Google.  Perhaps I should be looking for a different spelling, but I have no idea.  Any pointers would be welcome.  Thanks, Al