[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] SPA(S)JINSKI - unusual surname

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 7 05:58:40 PDT 2007

In addition to Otto's good suggestion, you can enter the name at this
site http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellis.html and set the
search for "sounds like many".

The site is intended for searching Ellis Island records but it can
also be useful for finding alternate spellings of a surname that you
are struggling with, especially those that have Slavic origins.  Some
of the results may not apply because of the controls used in the
search but others can be very useful.

It is possible that you won't find your surname in Volhynian
records.  The surnames appear only if specific events occur that
impact those families.  In my family search the surname Netzalk with
variants only appears twice in the Volhynian records and in both
cases there are no further clues about origins.  In addition, some
years of events are missing from the record books.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca