[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] NETZAL-k GARTZ

Otto otto at schienke.com
Thu Jun 7 19:56:39 PDT 2007

Evening Jerry,

Thanks for that suggestion, Otto.  I will consider it when I have a
moment to look up the original spellings.
-Any ideas about the origin of your Netzel line?  This Netzalk
married into my Gartz line which was from Pomerania so I suspect the
same for her.  The marriage may have even occurred there.
Jerry

NETZAL-K   NETZEL   Nezel  Nötzel  Noetzel   Natzel    Do not
discount Netzke, Netzcke-
GARTZ =  Görtz  Goertz  GERTZ  GERZ

SGGEE Parish Index List has some 140 "Netzel" listed, some Notzel,
some Natzel.

The oldest listings in the Parish Index are from Torun.
A Netzel marries a Luettke.
Some Netzel in my clan's 1800's area of Pultusk, Nasielsk, Nowy Dwor,
Praschnitz.
Late 1800's , early 1900's I would look to Lipno and Sierpc parishes.

I would also take late 1700's Labischin records into consideration.
see Dobriner Land-Uwe Kerntopf records for Netzel and also Gertz.
Keep SOUNDS LIKE in mind and use various spellings to generate the
Name sound.

See Reuben Drefs (Drews) West Prussian records.

My paternal grandfather's youngest brother married a "Jobs/Jabs", had
ten children, then she died. (probably from exhaustion) Still filled
with enthusiasm he next married a "Frank".
A daughter from the first marriage married a Leopold Gertz. The Gertz
could be from East Prussia or Pomerania. (could be dutch-1500's) They
had two children-Walt is deceased, stood 6'4" and was a curly "tow-
headed" blonde. His 6' tall sister lives.

My Dad's youngest brother, Albert, married a LITTKE/Netzel.
LUETTKE  LUETKE  Lütke  Littke. . .  and so on.

. . .   Otto

             " The Zen moment..." wk. of April 1, 2007-
              "Like fishing. . . always beyond the surface."