[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surname Guenther

Rachael Patterson patterson.rachael at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 14:06:28 PDT 2007

Del & Kathy...No I don't think the jealousy was warranted, because, as the
story goes, my Grand uncle was merely a border in the home of the woman
whoes husband murdered her & Jake. The woman's name is Katie Kalinowsky &
she was in the process of a separation from her husband, and her estranged
husband came into her home one night, very drunk & shot Katie, then shot my
Grand Uncle Jake in the head & again in the chest...but as for the buriel in
the unmarked grave in a Cemetery, not usu. chosen by my relatives for
buriel, who were all buried in the Lutheran Cemetery, was not justified as I
believe that the family was so embarrassed with the whole incident, that
that was all they could do at the time. This was in 1908. He is recorded as
having lived till he reached the hospital, dieing there and then buried the
very next day. Katie died in the home she lived in, and both died of gunshot
wounds. I have both their death records. The Newspaper articleI located,
goes into vivid detail....so tragic & sad...There were many other strange
deaths that took place in that area during that timeframe, which pales in
consideration of my Grand Uncle's death. No I don't think the death was
warranted...My Grand Uncle Jake was only 21 (very handsome- I have photos if
you want to see them...and interestingly enough, he looks a lot like my
eldest son Daniel at the age of 19) Katie Kalinowsky, the woman was 37 or
so...I have the article if you are interested in viewing this...Gilda

Don Kronenberger...I did not happen across your relatives in the Westpark
Gravesite, but I will certainly take a look at those records in the
Administrative office upon my next visit, or I can ask my cousin who lives
in Cleveland to take a quick look for us...This is so interesting...How did
you know they were buried in an "unmarked" grave???

Gilda in Calgary, AB, CANADA