[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] looking for the town of Darhehan, East Prussia

Howard Krushel krushelh at telus.net
Tue Jun 12 19:41:55 PDT 2007

I believe you would be looking for Darkehmen(also known as Angerapp)in the
north-east section of East Prussia, situated half way between Insterburg and
Goldap; now it is located just inside the Russian section of old east
Prussia; Darkehmen(Angerapp) was the parish center and those church records
should be available.
Heimusloh is a bit more difficult; perhaps it might have been Heimenhof??
but that is very wild guess.
Howard Krushel

Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] looking for the town of Darhehan, East
Prussia

Hello,
In researching my husband's grandfather, I seem to have run into a brick
wall. His marriage license (US)says he is from Darhehan, East Prussia. He
was born in 1869 and came to the US in 1895. I have not been able to find a
town of this name. I know that many immigrants could not spell their town's
name and am thinking that this is the case. Is there anyone out there who
might know what the town is? Also, his wife comes from Heimusloh, Germany.
Again, I cannot find this town. Any help would be appreciated.