[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] looking for the town of Darhehan, East Prussia

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Wed Jun 13 10:43:30 PDT 2007

busch616 at comcast.net schrieb:

>In researching my husband's grandfather, I seem to have run into a brick wall. His marriage license (US)says he is from Darhehan, East Prussia. He was born in 1869 and came to the US in 1895. I have not been able to find a town of this name. I know that many immigrants could not spell their town's name and am thinking that this is the case. Is there anyone out there who might know what the town is? Also, his wife comes from Heimusloh, Germany. Again, I cannot find this town. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello nameless,
Heimusloh is most probably Hemsloh, Rehden (community), Diepholz
(district), Lower Saxony, quite exactly halfway from Osnabrück to Bremen.

Lots of East Prussian refugees settled in the Diepholz district after
1945. A native of Angerburg (28 km south of the district capital
Darkehmen / Angerapp) even became mayor of Eydelstedt, Diepholz
district. The address of the appropriate CRO is:

    Samtgemeinde Rehden
    Schulstr. 18
    D-49453 Rehden
    Tel.: +49 05446 209-0