[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] city of Syzran

Joe Pessarra joepessarra at suddenlink.net
Wed Jun 13 18:47:40 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Milner" <wjmilner at shaw.ca>
To: <GHBoehm at ish.de>
Cc: "Ger-Poland-Volhynia List" <ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 8:28 PM
Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] city of Syzran

Thanks Günther and Jerry,

The voice on the tape is heavily German accented, but after listening
very closely to the tape, the name of city is definitely Syzran.

Here are two more place names, transcribed from the tape I'm listening
to about their expulsion from Volhynia to Siberia.

"And then we came... they brought us in and they take us (sounds like
english "v", German "j", German "e") Sovinsky Sovarlje.    And they got
us in as far as Syzran, and that was a port on the Volga.  And then they
brought us back to a village, and that was Sparsta (sounds like english
Shparshta)"

 I don't expect a lot of success with these two, though, but I expect
they would be west of Syzran, if on any map at all.

Jack M.

ShtetlSeeker at http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/LocTown.asp finds
Syzran (Sysran) in Russia 471 miles ESE of Moskva.  Tbere are some Savinskiy
lisitngs also.

Joe in Texas