[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Charles Wagner, son of Anton and Thecla

Cornelia Warner fenenga at connpoint.net
Sun Jun 17 17:01:52 PDT 2007

I am not sure but what I may be working with a lot of erronious clues, since he's proved nearly impossible to research, but here is what I have found about my great grandfather, and what I've been told about him.....

Charles J. Wagner son of Anton and Thecla
b. abt 1855 Poland or Russia
d. said to be Aug 3, 1894 in Chelsea, Massachusetts but there is no record.
m. 4 Oct 1883 Boston, Massachusetts
Annie McDonald

the timeline I have for Charles is;

abt 1855 born in either Poland or Russia fa. Anton, mo. Thekla

said to have been raised in England

bef 1883 arrived in America-states he is a US Citizen in 1883

Jun 1883 arrived in New York from Liverpool, England on the Ethiopia

Oct 4 1883 married in Boston, MA to Annie McDonald

1885 resided 46 Fayette, Boston, MA

May 3 1886 son Allan b. in Boston, MA

1887 possibly living at 6 Grenville place-Mrs. Annie Wagner

1888/1889 resided 434 Chelsea in East Boston

1888/1889 possibly living at 6 Grenville place-Mrs. Annie Wagner

1889 sailed on Stephen G. Loud, H. C. Sibley, Sarah

Apr 17, 1889 wrote from Fallriver, MA

May 12, 1889 wrote from Brunswick, NS

Jun 4 & 5, 1889 wrote from Boston, MA

Jun 7 & 8, 1889 wrote from Bangor, ME

Jul 15, 1889 wrote from Aspinwall

1890 residing 267 Columbus Ave. Boston, MA

1890 sailed on Sachem, Sarah

Mar 4, 1890 wrote from St. Michaels

May 28, 1890 wrote from Fayal

Jun 13, 1890 wrote from St. Michaels

Aug 16, 1890 wrote from Boston, MA

Aug 19, 1890 wrote from Boston, MA

Sep 18, 1890 wrote from Fayal

Sep 28th wrote from St. Michaels

1891 residing 267 Columbus Ave and rear of Prince-same man?

1892 and 1893 missed in city directories

26 Apr 1892 arrived in Boston, MA from St. John NB

Jan 1894 sailed on the Mercedita

Feb & Mar 1894 in Naval Hospital, Chelsea, MA for aneurisms of heart

by 1898 Annie had removed to Chicago, IL, then to Omaha, NE where she met and married Paul Gillette.

she had a form for a death record, but I think it could have been falsified, as there is no death record for Charles in either Chelsea or Boston. they were having marital problems and Charles could have left her. if he did, where he settled is a mystery to me.

there is a family story of a name change, but whether it refers to him or his son's father in law, or both of them, I do not know. both are of German blood, and both are difficult to research.

I've spent 20 years off and on trying to find information regarding Charles, but the above is all I've succeeded at, most of it about 10 years ago. I've tried many times, since, but have only found a few migration records when Ancestry put those online recently.

can anyone help me find where he's buried?

Cornelia