[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Russian Military Records

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 20 20:52:14 PDT 2007

During one of my visits to Zhitomir I looked specifically for military
records. The archives in Zhitomir has nothing on the individuals who served
in that area, although there are records dealing with the administration of
the local regiments. The old newspapers had occasional mentions of locals
who had been killed or injured. In the KGB arrest records, I found mentions
of military service during the First World War, including dates and
locations.

The people at the archives in Zhitomir suggested I try Moscow for the
personnel records, but that seemed like more of a guess than a definitive
answer.

Dave Obee