[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ukrainian lutheran church inStanislawow(Stanislau) in 1930th

Serhiy Romaniuk serhiy01 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 22:36:11 PDT 2007

Than you Mr. Krushel really much. This is the exact church I'm researching now. Till the end of 1939 the Ukrainian branch of it had about 36 congregations in Stanislawow area and Volhynia. I found much info on it in it's periodical back from 1930th. Also I was able to contact Theodor Zoeckler's grand son in Germany. So slowly information about the church is appearing. Thank you one more time.

  In Christ, pastor Serhiy Romanjuk.

Howard Krushel <krushelh at telus.net> wrote:
                The Evangelical Lutherans began to move into Stanislau by 1823; they came from other Galizien colonies, many of which had already been established by 1778. These people were served by the Pastor from Ugartsthal, at first twice a year , then 4 times a year. In 1891 Stanislau received a Vicar by the name of Theodor D. Zoeckler(born 5-3-1867 in Greifswald, Germany); a parish was formed in 1901(some sources indicate that it was 1899). Theodor Zoeckler was very active and instrumental in the establishment of kindergarten schools, as well as schools of higher learning. Others involved in the church were W.Lempp, J. Schick, G. Kohls, O. Bauer, Martin Zoeckler and many Vicars. In 1935-1939, a Vicar, John Fuhr was as well involved with the Evangelical Ukrainian parishioners. Further information might be available from John Pihach or Brian Lenius of the  East European Genealogical Society (www.eegsociety.org/Home.aspx).
  Howard Krushel