[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Doberstein

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 29 10:05:35 PDT 2007

Hi Tana,

On what film number did you find the 1833 death record?   I may have the
film at my FHC, and could get a copy for you.

I too suspect this may be the same family.  It may well be that whoever
recorded the 1830 birth of Gottfried, wrote 'Gottfried' (probably written
Boguslaw) for the father's name instead of 'Peter' (Piotr). Keep in mind
this record is the Catholic church.  I have seen this mix up often - mostly
on birth records of females, and the mother's first name is the same as the
daughter's first name.

Many times I have seen Bogumil written for both both Gottlieb and Gottfried,
also have seen Boguslaw written for Gottlieb and Gottfried.  This leaves us
guessing about the recorder's intention.

Finding a marriage record for Gottfried citing his parents names would
confirm our suspicions.  Orle records certainly sounds like a place to
start.  Another thought, if Boguslaw/Bogumil (Gottfried/Gottlieb) died
shortly after his mother's death in 1853, he may be found in the Orle
records.

Rose Ingram

From: "Mike and Tana Laudolff" Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 10:04 AM