[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] KUNKEL and OTTO families from Volhynia/Poland

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 05:50:21 PST 2007

Kyle,
  In addition to film 2380020 you also may want to take a look at film 2380038. Part one of that film includes baptismal and death records written in German at the Antonowka church while part two has the same from the Elizabethpol church. Wandawola was right next to Elizabethpol so it is most likely they would have reported to that church rather than going to Wladimir-Wolynski. These records generally go up to 1898 starting in the early 1880s.

Richard Stein <ra_stein at telus.net> wrote:
  Kyle,

Have you checked the St. Petersburg Archives for Volhynia? If not, go to
http://www.odessa3.org/search.html and search for your names. You will find
August Kunkel and Juliane Wedmann married in 1881 in Rozyszcze parish.
Johann Kunkel/Caroline Mieske show up living in Wandowala, and also Andreas
Wedmann/Wilhelmine Krueger in Antonowka - both places are in Kreis
Wladimir-Wolynski. Juliane Kunkel's birth should be on LDS microfilm
2380020 for Rozyszcze parish. There are also some Otto names but
Alexander's birth isn't on the Odessa site. There is a couple Ludwig Otto
and Alwine Luebeck married in 1872, and Michael Otto and Luise Saak married
in 1859, both in Zhitomir parish, Volhynia.

By the way, Gottlieb Wedmann, son of Andreas Wedmann/Wilhelmine Krueger,
migrated to Leduc, Alberta in 1892. Gottlieb fathered 22 children.

Hope this helps.

Dick Stein