[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Zywiecka from Sawicki

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 1 17:26:55 PST 2007

At 10:58 AM 01/03/2007, Susie Lewis wrote:
>Hello there
>
>Has anyone heard of a place called ' Sawicki '?
>
>I have some Zywiecka's from the Lublin area of Poland whoes parents where
>born in 'Sawicki' around 1840.  Incidently they died in 'Russland', old
>Russia.  The daughter was also born in Sawicki in 1868.
>
>Any ideas?
>Sue

Is your source family lore or a document from that time frame?  Also,
are you assuming that Sawicki is in the Lublin region or did they
move there after these events?

A general search in all of Poland yields only one reasonably close
spelling / pronunciation - Zawyki - but it is not in the Lublin region.

Note also that if the spelling is Slavic, the c would have a tz sound
to it so the pronunciation could be something like Sawitzki.  I found
nothing similar to that either.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca