[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Local search Rumunki Jesionek

Howard Krushel krushelh at telus.net
Sat Mar 10 07:56:52 PST 2007

Bianca:
The Polish 1;100,000 scale map published in 1996 shows your village of
Jesionek with a few houses; this map would be available from
www.genealogyunlimited.com and is map-Inowroclaw N-34-109/110.
Howard Krushel

Bianca,

I have found a place called Jesionek on a pre-war map of Poland, but I have
not been able to find it on any contemporary maps.  The place is either too
small or does not exist any more.  As far as I know, the term "Rumunki" in
front of the place name originates from the German word "Räumung", meaning
clearing (in the woods).

I have scanned a section of the map where I found Jesionek, and have
published it here:
http://textor.jan.googlepages.com/polishmap
Jesionek is (or was) located about 6 km north of Ciechocinek.

Hope this helps.
Jan Textor