[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Zelmer immigration

Allan Zelmer alzee at mts.net
Mon Mar 12 18:34:40 PDT 2007

Hello SGGEE Listers;
Perhaps there are members or administrators who can help me to find a town.
On July 16, 1910, my Grandfather Eduard Zelmer, Grandmother Emilie (nee:Velte/Felte) and children Adela, Amalie, Oskar (my Father) Olga and Antonia sailed from Bremen to New York City on the SS. Prinz Friedrich Wilhelm.
The Ellis Island records reflect this and I can get right to the image of the original Ships Manifest.  This manifest shows, in column 10, "Last City or Town of Residence", a town of Lingowa, Germany.
Does anyone know where that town is, or, is Lingowa perhaps an old alternative name for a town which may now be known as something else.
Any help in locating this place would be appreciated.
Allan Zelmer