[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] about ancestry.com

Robert Norenberg robertnorenberg at yahoo.ca
Sun Mar 18 15:23:35 PDT 2007

    I had an experience with ancestry.com that could
only be described as fantastic. If you are not aware,
you can put your family tree on their web site free of
charge. Granted,there are certain perks available only
to members. Lately, I have been researching one of my
ancestral lines and found some new info from the
Parish records at the FHC. When I entered this new
data to my tree at ancestry.com I got the "green leaf"
which signifies a match somewhere else in their
immense data base. I was able to look at the match
although not allowed to know the source. It allowed me
to see the next generation backwards. So I entered
this new data and the green leaf appeared again. This
happened so often I ended up with 35 new unknown
direct ancestors for me. At this point I do not know
if all this new data is correct but at least I now
have some place to go from here in my search. What a
day I had! Robert