[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] finding emigration records

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Thu Mar 22 08:46:29 PDT 2007

Laurelei,

The naturalization application may contain helpful information, especially
if it was after 1917.  You can apply to the Citizenship and Immigration
Canada for the Naturalization Certificate and any supporting documentation
by completing an Access to Information Request Form.  This form should be
downloadable from the government of Canada website.  I used this approach to
find the date and place of arrival of my great grandfather and his family.
If your ancestor took a homestead then the homestead file may note the
naturalization certificate number as naturalization was required in order to
obtain full title to the homestead.

Hope this helps.

Dick Stein