[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Parish Records - Shitomir, Tuczyn and Rowno

HeinrichRichter1 at aol.com HeinrichRichter1 at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 06:34:58 PDT 2007

I visited the Rowno area in 1996 and through an interpreter, hired the
supervisor of the records department in Rowno to complete a review of the  records
and provide a certification of some birth records. The office was  called The
Rowno Region Administration of Justice.  I was very  surprised that all three
birth records plus one death record were found  and matched exactly the
information that I had in my family records. My  father, August Richter and twin
brother, Ewald were born in 1904 plus  another brother, Adolph was born in 1902.
All were born in  Anelivka, "Rowno Lutheran Church, Zhitomer Parish" The
transaction was  very friendly and all went well.
I was unable, however, to find any information on the birth of my
grandfather, Gustav Richter. According to EWZ files he was born in Jelowice in  1870 and
died during WWI in Russia. Also missing is a record of Gustav's  father's
death. He died in a hunting accident at Jelowice, just before the  family went to
Siberia. I think this was 1915. I would greatly  appreciate some direction in
continuing my research

Heinrich Richter