[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Place search: Dobriner Land, Lipno

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun May 6 20:35:21 PDT 2007

Gerhard,

I am convinced that Kuzniki is the correct
place.  The "ach" at the end of place names can
replace a variety of endings such as iec, ice,
ski, i, and so on.  It is a unique place name and
it is the only match in this region.

It took quite a bit of searching but I finally
found a map that shows Marianowo at
http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/200e/37-53.jpg
.  It is not shown on my detailed modern map.

Look down the left side until you come to the
Weichsel / Wisla River.  On the north bank at
this point is Wlecz.  Continue looking north and
you will see, in order, Pokrzywno, Marianowo, and
Stajeczyny.  Stajecynki was a short distance to the west of there.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca