[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] The brick wall is crumbling

albertmuth at aol.com albertmuth at aol.com
Tue May 15 11:36:32 PDT 2007

You are very welcome, Victor.  I met you back at the Edmonton convention about 7 years ago, wasn't it.  I have actually seen your family tree and know the names and dates (even if only approximate) that are on it.  And I can go back and refer to it occasionally.  It makes it a lot easier to pull rabbits out of a hat for someone when I have access to this information.

I should explain Gary Warner's rather cryptic remark about "the rest of us, including Al Muth, trying to find their way out of Poland".    My 3rd great grandfather Daniel Muth arrived in the Stypin area (Babiak Lutheran parish) in the early 1790's.  I have located the 1796 birth of his son Samuel in the Modzerowo (Kolo) Catholic films; Daniel was a baptismal sponsor about 2-3 years before that and randomly occurs as such till about 1810.  Thanks to the "1793-1794 Land Records of South Prussia"
 http://genealogy.drefs.net/Introduction.htm
I can even pinpoint an approximate time of arrival in the area as July 1794.  But I do not know where he came from.

Each of my families in Russian Poland has such a story without a beginning.  They all "beamed down" into the Babiak/Chodecz area before 1800.

Al Muth
Livonia, MI