[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Graenke surname

Otto otto at schienke.com
Wed May 16 13:09:20 PDT 2007

The question is which dialect...
Groen is a Germanic word- Groen is a common Dutch name- Grass

Gruen = green as already stated. -high german
Groen = grass -dutch or old middle german

I would look for both translations in Polish, (green and grass) if
they exist in the first place-Not everyone opted for a do-over of
their surname. Gruen/Groen.
I've seen it written as 'Kranke/Kranka'

green