[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] FW: Re: WWI and War Wives

jld194112 at net-venture.com jld194112 at net-venture.com
Thu Nov 1 10:55:32 PDT 2007

My gguncle LIPKE served in World War 1 and was told he was the bodyguard to the czar.
Is there anyway I can prove this?

Justin L Dingman

I can't say anything about WW II, but in 1914 a lot of Germans in Russia
were still German citizens and owed military duty to Germany. So it really
wasn't a matter of "preference". And if such a person elected to stay in
Russia, he would likely have been sent to Siberia with all the other German
citizens of draft age as soon as the war broke out. Circumstance yes but
preference probably not!

Dick Benert

10:06 AM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.