[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Did Russians recruit German boys from Plockarea?

Heinz Rode heinz_rode at telus.net
Thu Nov 1 13:10:30 PDT 2007

Hi Mara,

My Dad (*11 Jul,1897, Dt Grabien, Gabin) told me he and some of his cousins
fled the then Poland to escape consripton to the Polish Army. Apperently the rekruts were
treated badly by the officers because of their German  background.They were issued new
papers in Germany on their arrival.

One cousin went to Edmonton and another to Cleveland. His younger brother Ferdinand
followed a little later to Berlin

My fathers mother and siblings ( girls) remained in Poland; Father visited them a couple
of times over the years, they met at an little used border town where there was no
borderguard at night! Real daring, what if he got caught?